There will be a brief meeting for the cross country team in the BC cafeteria today. No need to get changed...students will be dismissed from BC around 3pm. (next meet 10/24...home...4pm)
Congratulations to the entire Cross Country Team for their good sportsmanship, excellent running and shaving time off their run at the Grade Race today!
Next meet is at home October 24 against Morris Plains at 4pm.
This is the final opportunity our team will be running as a group. Come cheer them on!
GRADE RACE-Thursday, Oct. 20
Team members have been provided with information about this race. The original date provided to me was changed to Thursday, October 20. The team was told of the change last week and it was also posted on our BC web page as of last week. Team also received the scheduled times for the start of each run. They should have handed you a green flyer with that information. Location is at Central Park (Greystone) 91 Central Ave. Morris Plains, NJ
The event runs rain or shine. Students must bring protective, water proof rain gear, a large plastic trash bag (labeled using duct tape with their name on it) water and a snack. It may be prudent to have cell phone in zip lock bag. If students are going home with parent the parent must sign out their child out with the coach.
Race Start Times- ( each race starts at the scheduled time, even if some competitors may still be on the course from the previous run)
(Updates on schedule change were also sent out through REMIND)
Monday, October 17th
CROSS COUNTY PRACTICE IS CANCELLED FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2016
Due to the weather, practice is cancelled for today (10/13)
Tuesday, October 11
Away meet at Bernardsville Middle School: 141 Seney Dr, Bernardsville, NJ. 4pm
Wednesday, October 5
Practice will be held at the Briarcliff playground today (10/5). Students will be dismissed from this location
Friday, Sept. 30 meet has been cancelled due to the inclement weather.
* Please see the Meet Schedule regarding the address for away meets.
Please note: students must inform coaches when they cannot attend. This needs to be done at least 2-3 days in advance of the absence. It is especially important for seating runners on the bus for an away meet.
Our first practice begins on Thursday, September 15.
Take note of the following instructions:
1) Pack up as if you were going home. (backpack, agenda, binders, lunchbox, etc)
2) Get changed into shorts, t-shirt, socks & running shoes
Girls please tie hair back (remember, not your PE clothing)
3) Fill up your water bottle
4) If you use an inhaler, bring it
5) Bring all your belongings and meet at the track, closest to the shack at the turf field
6) Put your back packs/belongings along the fence
7) Sign-in and run one warm-up lap around the track
8) Meet back at the sign-in area
9) We will do warm-ups and skill work and you will be dismissed around 3:30
10) Once dismissed you should have a pre-arranged plan with your parent or guardian to get home. You can walk home from practice, OR if you are being picked up your ride can meet you at the turf, pick you up in Wildwood parking lot or at Briarcliff.
You will not be able to get back into Briarcliff.
*Coaches Anderson and Ludwig look forward to our season together
Cross Country 2016 : schedule is subject to change-see meet schedule for address of away meet
- Thurs. 9/22 Mt Olive AWAY 4pm
Mon. 9/26 Mendham Twp AWAY 4pm
Tues. 9/27 Roxbury HOME 4pm
Fri. 9/30 Delbarton HOME 4pm-cancelled due to inclement weather
Tues. 10/4 Walter Bergen AWAY 4pm (Bloomingdale)
Thurs. 10/6 Dover HOME 4pm
Tues 10/11 Bernardsville AWAY 4pm
Tues 10/18 Kinnelon HOME 4pm
Wed. 10/19 Grade Race AWAY 4pm
Mon 10/24 Morris Plains HOME 4pm
Thurs 10/27 Tournament AWAY 4pm
Click here for AWAY